Traditional stateful inspection firewalls have effectively become obsolete because of two significant limitations. First, they don't inspect the data payload of network packets. Second, while more and more network traffic uses Web protocols--
including legitimate business applications, non-business applications and attacks--traditional firewalls don't have the fine-grained intelligence to distinguish one kind of Web traffic from another and enforce business policies, so it's either all or nothing. Enter next-generation firewalls (NGFWs). This category of product attempts to address the traffic inspection and application awareness drawbacks of stateful inspection firewalls, without hampering performance.
We are pleased to offer Fortinet a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in Next Generation Firewall (NGFW). Fortinet's flagship solution consists of FortiGate physical and virtual appliance products that provide a broad array of security and networking functions, including firewall, VPN, antivirus, intrusion prevention, Web filtering, antispam, and WAN acceleration.
Fortinet also offers other product families that provide additional protection, such as:
- FortiMail, multi-featured, high performance messaging security;
- FortiDB, centrally managed database-specific security;
- FortiClient, endpoint security for desktops, laptops and mobile devices;
- FortiWeb, security for Web-based applications,
- FortiAP, secure wireless access points;
- FortiScan, endpoint vulnerability assessment and remediation,
- FortiSwitch, Ethernet switches;
- FortiBridge, bypass appliances to help ensure network availability;
- FortiAuthenticator, scalable secure authentication for enterprise networks;
- FortiBalancer, optimizing the availability and performance of mobile, cloud, and enterprise applications,
- FortiCache, reducing the cost of and impact of cached internet content.